Custom Search

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The popularity contests...

It's really the most stupid thing. People trying so hard to get others to like them, losing themselves in the process... I've accepted myself for who I was a while ago and I'm okay with who I am. Yes, there are a few things I need to work on and I accept the fact that I am a work in progress. I may always be. Whatever. I have people in my life that know and love me for who and what I am.
With that being said, it's those people who go on about their lives trying to please others and being something or someone purely to get other people to like them. You know what I'm talking about. It's sad really. They gain the "notoriety" and the "friends" and they prance around in their Lala Land of ill-conceived dreams and misconceptions. House of cards, really.
What's even better about it is that EVERYONE loves to see them fall. The greater the fall, the more amusement it bring to everyone around them. Why do you think tabloid magazines are so fuckin' popular? Popularity mongers surround themselves with people who don't give a shit about them, don't care about anything other than "status" and when the shit hits the fan, POOF they disappear and would sooner stab a "friend" in the back than help them up and out.
That's what makes tearing them down so easy and so fun. Sow seeds of doubt and BANG! one fell swoop. Take them down hard and fast. Once that initial damage is done, it catches like wildfire. Just a flicking a match and walking away. It's fun to exploit some of the flaws of human nature. Then just sit a small distance away and watch the REAL fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment