Custom Search

Monday, November 29, 2010

Blech!

I accidentally read the newspaper... How do you "accidentally" read the newspaper? I know. Shut up. It happens... A colorful, pretty something caught my eye, I looked at it, something else caught my attention and before I knew it, I was sitting down at the table reading the fuckin' paper... BIG mistake.
The state of the world has gone to hell. I'm not just talking about a little bit either... Holy shit! Now, I usually like to stay blissfully ignorant about current events... I have enough on my own plate of shit that I'm still trying to sort out and I have no business trying to figure out everything else until I have the "me and mine" thing sorted out... With that being said, it's damn impossible to stay ignorant, isn't it...
TSA searches, N. Korea/S. Korea, political insanity, war this, crime that... And don't even get me started on all the happy little ads for "shopping for Christmas" and how many shopping days we have left...
I started thinking... I know... BIG mistake number two... I may be blissfully ignorant, but at least I form an opinion on things. Maybe it isn't such a great idea being in a state of perpetual "I dunno" when it comes to what's going on in the world so I get sucked into reading or watching the news and I absorb the things that I read/see and I may even find out a little more about them when I have a free moment. It's depressing and I come to find that maybe I SHOULDN'T have gotten all sucked into whatever...
Then, I look around and there are people who are worse than I am.... The ones who don't care. It doesn't affect them or their lives directly, so it's not important. So they go about their empty little lives doing whatever, like nothing else but their little world matters. You know the type. The ego-maniacal, self important twits that bounce around in "Nothing's wrong in the world" land of their own imaginings...
Now, put these people in a situation where it may affect them... The easiest example would be this TSA shit and the searches and what not. Above mentioned twit is going away on vacation and standing in line to get through the gate... Is all, "Whatever! I just want to get to the terminal so I can sit down and get a cup of coffee!" Other people are hemming and hawing and going on about the public display of sexual misconduct going on at the checkpoint... Twit goes, "Well, they're just doing their jobs! They should do it faster!" It is not until they get to the front of the line and it's THEIR turn, that it becomes a problem...
My rights are being violated! I'm an AMERICAN CITIZEN! I'm being treated like a prisoner! This is sexual harassment! Don't put your hands all over me! I'm going to call your superiors! I want to talk to your supervisor right now! Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....They piss and whine impotently about it, THEY were treated unfairly, it's all about them and mew, mew, mew... Sad... I know that you know what I'm talking about because we've all seen it...
It's sad that the world has gotten to a point now where most ordinary people have to go through all of this kind of stuff to weed out an "exception" that may or may not be found (likely not, as scary as that sounds...). It's scary to think that the world is full of whiny, spineless, cowardly, idiots and the only thing they do is whine about the wrongs done to themselves, instead of thinking a wee bit more globally. They sit in "positions of power" while ignoring the world crumbling around them. What ever happened to the warrior class? What ever happened to people standing up and DOING something. I'm not talking about the superficial hope-y/ change-y shit. I am talking about people actually DOING SHIT. People actually fighting and making sure they're being heard and standing up for what's right and speaking out against what's wrong. There used to be a time when this warrior class was reveled and celebrated. They were respected and honored. Now? Maybe no so much.
Our men and women overseas are being called war criminals and terrorists. Our police not allowed to step in and DO anything for fear of repercussions or backlash and being sued for "police brutality" or being limited in the actions they can take BY LAW in order to protect the rights of the perpetrator... (Yeah... It's like that.) The very people who are keeping us safe and living "free" aren't getting the respect that they deserve. They are stuck in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation that they're NEVER going to win. They step in and do something, it's misuse of force. They don't do anything and it's "I pay taxes for them to do nothing?!!??"
Come on... The state of the world is calling for an action that the spineless cannot deliver. The weak and cowardly cannot provide. I'm not saying "Yay! Vigilantism! Lets' go beat people with bats!" Funny, but inappropriate. No. We need laws in place to make sure that we don't fall into caveman insanity. Without the laws, I guarantee, within 24 hours, there would be a complete and total breakdown of civilization that would take YEARS to fix. I am more talking about we, the people, taking back what's ours. This country was not founded by cowards and yellow bellied, self help, whiny baby, pansies. No, the very basis and basic fundamentals, the building blocks and stepping stones that made this country great were the people who stood up and spoke out. I am talking about people becoming more aware of what's going on, not when it DIRECTLY affects them. Example: The Shariah law thing that is trying to creep it's way in... Sure, it's not something that may directly affect us right now, but imagine if it got a foothold... Then a little bit more than a foothold... The change may not be sudden, but eventually it will have more of a DIRECT affect. Then what... Prevention is a lot easier than trying to correct a problem like that, ESPECIALLY when laws would be made to protect the very thing that needs to be squashed... The preventative step? Become aware and make sure that it doesn't happen.
Here we are right now, supposedly the greatest super power in the world and those around us are seeing us as "weak", our borders are being breached, our economy is in the shitter, our people are a bunch of whiny, spineless, self help seeking, over medicated, "it's someone else's problem/ not my job!", cowards, un-united in ANYTHING, and that's become the status quo...  What's worse is that we're teaching the next generation to be that way too. I've met the kids whose parents throw them money and leave them to their own devices. They're usually here hanging out with my kids and end up having supper here... They are given no direction, no basic fundamentals, no anything to build a solid foundation for what they should strive to be at home. They just think throwing money at it and ignoring it will make it all better. Kids are even being told in their schools not to fight back and any type of fighting spirit will be squashed and punished REGARDLESS of whether it was in self defense. Doesn't bode well for the future if THAT'S what we're teaching our kids to be... This great nation is becoming a cesspool of pansies and namby pamby, politically correct cowards, while the world around us grows stronger and tougher, meaner, deadlier...
Sic vis pacem, para bellum....

No comments:

Post a Comment