Custom Search

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Flu season...

Yeah, it's THAT time of the year. I always end up in a quandary over whether or not I want to flu shot or not flu shot... This year? Too late. The five and two year old kids have been cooped up in a room reeking of camphor  for the last week with fever and chills, aches, coughing, sneezing, stuffiness and general feeling of blah and the various bodily fluids spewing out of everywhere... It's like a day at the carnival! (And I'm not too sure how it is that you can get small children to take in about a tablespoon of water and fifteen minutes later, they throw up about 14 gallons of vomit that has chunks of stuff that you don't remember feeding them. And of course they can't ever stay still when they're vomiting... Nope. It's like an explosion of puke that ends up everywhere... A vomit sprinkler...)
The poor little tykes have been crashing out on "the big bed" in the room I sleep in and whether it's because they don't have the energy or because they feel a certain sense of camaraderie because they're in the same boat and feeling crappy together, but they've been in close quarters together for a week, and no fighting... In fact,  they've been sleeping like puppies all bundled under the same blanket and snuggled up with each other or watching DVDs cuddled up together. I know it won't last, but I'm enjoying it while it does.
I know that they'll be better soon and they'll be back to sniping at each other and stuff, but for the time being, there is peace. I also know that next week, it'll be the bigger ones and I'll be going through this again, although I have a feeling they are going into their own rooms, closing the door and sleeping it off. They won't be all cute and cuddly. Whatever...
I also know that once all of the kids are better and going back to the regular hustle and bustle and moving full speed ahead, THAT'S when I'll end up sick. <Sigh!> Such is life...

No comments:

Post a Comment