Custom Search

Monday, November 1, 2010

It all started because I got out of bed...

I woke up with P.M.S. and that was bad enough, but I discovered shortly afterward, it wasn't just me.  It was the whole household.
I don't know what happened or why or whatever, but I didn't care. It seemed I did NOT have the monopoly on "cranky" that day. Shit. Talk about having a perfectly rotten day made more rotten by adding MORE cranky people to the mix.
Three out of the four kids went off to school to go be cranky somewhere else... Fine. The fourth wasn't too bad once she got a fresh diaper, some brekkies, and was able to watch Dora. I managed to slug down a couple cups of coffee, eat two candy bars and lick the salt off of a couple of Hint of Lime chips, so I wasn't TOO bad. It was the old cranky farts that made the day go from bad to HELL!
The cranky old woman was in full on martyr mode. Not too bad, because she went back upstairs to rest. Fine. Stay the fuck out of my way and go complain to the wall... No one wants to hear it. Granted, we would all have to hear the announcements about how she was feeling worse every once in a while when she would call down, but whatever. It's easy enough to ignore.
Other other old, crotchety, rotten bastard  was in complaint mode about  EVERYTHING! I could see it coming to a head before it even began... I saw the bad day coming from miles away... Stevie Wonder could have seen it. Nope. Wasn't having it.
The little one and I got dressed lickety split and went out. Nope, nope, nope... If they were going to be cranky and shitty, I would sooner leave the house and let them kill each other than stay and get sucked into THAT drama.
This time I had the foresight to see the bad day BEFORE it happened and was able to avoid it all together. Go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment