Custom Search

Sunday, November 9, 2014

WTF Are You Feeding Your Kids??!??

I will admit, I am guilty of feeding my kids the occasional "quick meal" and will make mac and cheese as a side dish or I will get pre-made pierogis and fry them up in a pan and serve them up with kielbasa and some steamed vegetable. I have shit that I made double batches of and will keep them frozen to be brought back to life in the microwave on a later date too.... Shit. I am not going to pretend that I make "from scratch" meals for my kids every night. But I do have to question the motives of those parents who will feed their kids pre-made foods more often times than not.

You know who they are. The microwave gourmets and the kitchen scissor chefs.... Cut it out of the box and pop it in the microwave or heat it up in an oven! And what skeeves me out the most is that they believe that crap to be healthy because it says so on the box and has only so many calories and grams of fat and blah..... ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS??!??

Our nation is becoming the land of obese, nutritional fucktards. Children wouldn't know how to eat healthy if their lives depended on it (and if you think about it, they kind of do....) and when they are surrounded by fat or obese people and that becomes their "norm" they wouldn't know healthy body weight either.

I can understand what great pains it must take for some people to lose weight, but when the foods you are eating are crap, I don't see how that weight loss is even close to healthy or how it even happens (if it does at all) and when it does, it's fleeting and always comes back because, let's face it, there is a huge difference between healthy weight loss and NOT healthy weight loss. To top it off, if a person is REALLY needing to lose 150lbs and stops after losing half of that because "that's good enough"..... It boils down to laziness. Ugh! It's a lifestyle thing. People CHOOSE to let themselves become fat and obese.

Yes, having a salad is great, but when you're drowning the ever loving shit out of it in creamy ranch dressing? Anything processed isn't healthy even if it says "NO CARBS!" or "LITE!" on the box. And yet people don't understand that. Ew. That's not the way people were intended to eat. Our bodies weren't made to process that crap, but people will continue to consume mass quantities of it anyway because it's quick and simple.

Yes, I am skinny and I can eat whatever I want and stuff, but just because I can, doesn't mean I do. I try to set an example for my children by giving them healthy choices as well as show them that I eat healthy too. My metabolism is genetic and I can't do anything to help that. It doesn't make me a bitch. I'm tired of hearing that I'm "such a skinny bitch!" Well, you know what? You're a fat cow. Shut up and stop stuffing your face with Cheeto's and Twinkies. Step away from the McDonald's..... Put down the fucking fork. You can't possibly be that fucking hungry anyway. And if you are, just go grab a carrot or something. No dip. No dressing. Just a plain old carrot.

These things all trickle down to the children and it does them a disservice to think that it's okay to live out of a microwave. It does them a bigger disservice not to know what a healthy body weight is. The norm shouldn't be overweight or obese and eating all sorts of crap. If they see health and nutrition as the norm, they will come to incorporate it into their own lives when they are grown enough to take that on, on their own....

But I suppose it's an impossible thing to explain to someone who sees no flaws in what they're doing and or the huge mistakes they're making in their lifestyles....

No comments:

Post a Comment