Custom Search

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's Day...


Whether or not you agree with the concept of war or not, whether you agree whether we needed to be somewhere fighting or not, whether  you think that what our troops do is "right" or not, there is no denying that they are out there fighting to make sure that you have and keep the right to speak your damn mind and laud or bash them without fear of consequence. They have done so from the very beginnings of our young country. We should be thankful to those who are laying down their lives to ensure that we keep our liberties. We should be grateful to our veterans for ensuring that we are all able to be free as Americans and everything that it entails.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about, reading about and seeing anti-troop sentiments. They are being called "terrorists" and "baby killers".... According to these anti war/ anti troop nutbags, we should reach amicable resolutions through peaceful negotiations.... With countries whose sole purpose is to see the US fall and become assimilated. I'm not sure whether I see them as naive or stupid....

I am fed up with the fact that "PATRIOTISM" is just a word these days. Seeing anti-American sentiments from those who call themselves American.... WHAT THE FUCK??!?? Now, don't get me wrong. I do whole-heartedly agree that we need SERIOUS changes made to "the system". But I don't think it's going to be accomplished by sitting around on the street with signs and "occupying" somewhere, being counter-productive to EVERYTHING that they supposedly stand for.

Today is a day about giving thanks to those who have served or are serving THIS COUNTRY. I'm sure that useless tit in the white house won't say anything about today, so I guess it's up to people like me who still believe in the greatness of what this country is and could become thanks to our troops.

I, as an American, thank all of our troops, past, present and future, for your service. I promise, I haven't forgotten what this day is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment