Custom Search

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sneaky....

There used to be a time when I kept crappy stuff in the house. Cookies and sweets and crap like that. Of course, I never understood how and why the stuff disappeared so quickly considering the fact that I doled them out so carefully to the kids. It turns out, they were sneaking them way early in the morning. It was the morning that I decided I was no longer going to keep the crap in the house. I mean, duh! If it's not in the house, I know that it's one place they wont' be eating it.

Obviously, I am not going to be able to keep them form the junk foods and crap and stuff, but trying to minimize them is an important thing. Not only have I minimized it, but they are learning about the healthy alternatives and are learning to enjoy eating the healthy alternatives the crap that they may encounter.

It's not to say they don't ever get the cookies and ice creams and stuff and junk, but I just don't see the need for them to have to have it all the time. They have to learn about how to eat healthy and how to be healthy and that has to start here at home with me. I can't exactly rely on them learning about it outside the home when they are constantly being bombarded by all sorts of fun ads for all sorts of crap that makes them want to scarf it all down because YUM! (Ew...) And all of that is enforced by consistently seeing overweight people all the time, which is becoming more commonplace these days. They need to constantly be retaught what health and nutrition is and what a healthy body is and what a healthy lifestyle is. But it HAS to start at home.

Someday, they will go out into the world on their own and I am really hoping that I have given them all the right tools that will allow them to be healthy and nutrition conscious people who know how to make healthy choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment