Custom Search

Friday, May 23, 2014

Run! Mom knows and she's coming!

I've probably done things in my childhood that may have lead to the premature graying of my parents' hair and the shortening of their lives... The general mischief making, the fighting, the street racing of cars... But I was never a bad kid...
I try to remember that the things that my kids do might be bad, but my kids themselves aren't... Sure they do things that drive me nuts... But in the grand scheme, they're good little monkeys... And I have twice the number of kids that my parents did.
I'm doing my best to try and pick my battles with my kids and I try my best to make sure that I don't fall into the trap of doing the things that MY parents did that I still whole-heartedly disagree with and/ or drove me nuts.
And despite the fact that their time is split, I will make sure that I remain consistent, strong, responsible, reliable, available and caring  and give them the freedom within structure that they need,  so that they can become unique individuals who understand a good work ethic, responsibility and can do the shit when shit needs to get done. Sure they hate me now, but years from now, I know they'll see that I was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment