Custom Search

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Old People...

Yeah, I know, I know! Some of 'em can't drive, some of 'em are slow as molasses, some of 'em smell kinda funny... I get it...
But have you ever taken the time to TALK to them? I find it amazing when I come across someone who LIVED through Black Thursday and the Great Depression, WWII, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, prohibition... All sorts of stuff that some of us "young-un's"  these days can't imagine because we weren't there... Some old people are ornery and won't talk to you or even look at you... Who can blame them. They don't get the "respect the elderly" thing too often, do they... But get one who's willing to share? It's a pretty rare treat. Maybe it's just me, but I love to hear the stories that start off with "I remember the time when I was X years old... That was WAY back in nineteen twenty something,  thirty something, forty something..." Reading history books is alright... Hearing about it from someone who was there is pretty priceless...

No comments:

Post a Comment