Custom Search

Friday, May 9, 2014

Nightmares...


I don't usually remember too many of my dreams or nightmares. Maybe a part here or a part there... Nothing ever too solid.
I once had a dream/ nightmare that, well, I wasn't too sure what to think  of. It wasn't one of those terrifying monster laden, somebody died, your dog got run over, your house is on fire, someone is chasing you, there's something after your kids kind of end up bolt upright, wide awake in your bed, screaming and sweating kind of dreams... Well, let me explain.
So I was at an Anthrax concert, (I don't think I even know any of their songs... Or if the people in my dream were them...), except it was outside in a field somewhere. After it was over, I was still there (I don't know why) and they were acting like jerks on the stage so I went all Couching Tiger, Hidden Dragon kind of kung fu on their asses... Funny thing was, I kind of knew that I was dreaming, so It got even more outrageous. Somehow, in my mind, these assholes were real and caught in my dream. So I was all, "Mwah ha ha! This is MY domain and here I am a GOD!!!!" Lightening bolts and fire and things blowing up... Attack bunnies raining down from the sky, flying platypi zooming all around, flaming squirrels, talking toilet paper,  I mean the whole nine yards! I was their ultimate nightmare and anti-fan...
Then I woke up. Trying to make sense of a dream sometimes is yet another one of those exercises in futility. I know that there are TONS of books on interpreting dreams and crap, but that's what they are. A load of crap. I'd like to challenge one of those people writing those books to try and make heads or tails of some of the dreams I have. It'd be amusing to watch their brains short circuit... Besides, I think there are just things that should remain not making any sense... Probably better that way. They probably don't make sense for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment