Custom Search

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The "homework" fights...


Homework gets done right after school in our household. The three younger ones, no issues. They sit down at the table, get it done and off they go to play or whatever. Teen broody pants? Not so much.
He gets home from school and he gives me the obligatory eye roll. I ask him how his day was, he grunts, I tell him to go do his homework, he gives me the sigh of exasperation and trudges off mumbling something under his breath. EVERY DAY. And that's on the days he comes home from school and not off at a friend's house or a girlfriend's house or something. And of course, I've got to go get him.
I mean, seriously? Just the other day, he had to write down the definitions of four, count them FOUR words. It took him nearly an hour and a half. NOT kidding. HE wrote in pen and made a mistake so he screamed at the paper for about a minute, crumpled it up and got a new sheet of paper. Started again and made ANOTHER mistake. I asked him why he wasn't using a pencil. Apparently, they HAVE to use a pen. Whatever. After crumbling up the second piece of paper and retrieving a third to start ALL OVER AGAIN (because apparently, wasting paper is fine...) he made a third mistake. I told him NOT to throw out another sheet of paper, get off his lazy ass and get the white out. Trudging off and mumbling some more obscenities under his breath, he "got lost". After five minutes, I went to go find him. He was in his room playing on his computer. He no longer has one now. That makes me a stupid cow.
Back downstairs, he whites out his mistake and continues. He finds the definition of the first word (yes, the FIRST word) and writes part of it down, loses the page in the dictionary and throws a temper tantrum. Homework is stupid, I'm stupid and the dictionary is stupid too. AWESOME! Then he needed a potty break. He went into the bathroom to poop.... for twenty minutes. It turns out, he was playing with his iPhone.
I can't even begin to tell you how much of a struggle his homework issues can be. It's awesome. Yeah..... June can't come fast enough and when do the teen boy male hormones start to balance out? FUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment