Custom Search

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Raising Mini Me.....

I try hard to be a role model for my daughter in the hopes that she grows up to be like me, save for the bad habits I have and crap like that. I hope she can become a strong, tough, reliable, unique, pioneering, dependable, responsible, independent woman who believes in her dreams and doesn't allow someone to tell her who and what she is. I hope that she doesn't make the same mistakes in life that I did.  I hope she becomes someone who gets shit done well and completely in everything that she has to, wants to, decides to do. I know.... What person doesn't want that for their child. I want that for all my children. (Well, not the "woman" part considering the other three are boys...) I will do my best to curb the crappy behaviors and habits that she picks up that sometimes turn my Mini Doom into a whiny, sissy, pansy baby, spoiled brat and I hope these lessons stick.

It's a real shame when some people say they want for these things for their children, but teach them behaviors that may or may not be a step above sloth, and greed, and malice and selfishness, turning their children into spoiled, fat, lazy, mean, miniature versions of themselves. I volunteer at the school for the boys sometimes and I see it in the other kids and I see it even MORE clearly when their parent is there.

There really is no single IDEAL way to raise children. It's never the same because children are SO different from one another and they don't come with a custom instruction manual. You can't apply what you used on one kid exactly like you did on another. I mean sure, there are things that ARE the same: Consistency, patience, understanding and the willingness to want to RAISE your children. Beyond that?

My little Mini Me, being the youngest of four AND the only girl has and will have many challenges in her life being the sister to three older brothers, but so far, she has risen to the challenge. I want to make sure that I keep encouraging her fearlessness and her spunk and her moxie to jump in with her brothers and do whatever it is they're doing because I think it will benefit her later in life. Going "balls out" and not being afraid to go out and DO. Not getting caught up in the "What if I can't..." or the "I'm scared of trying something new..." Grabbing life by the horns and really paving a solid path forward.

In the meantime, I build the foundations for her so that she will be able to grow and be a solid whoever she wants to be. My little Mini Me. My little Mini Doom.... I can't wait to see how well she's going to do... Well, yeah I can. I'd like to keep her my Mini for a while....

No comments:

Post a Comment