Custom Search

Sunday, September 14, 2014

I'm not "funny looking", my face just has a lot of "Character"....

I am a funny looking woman, made even funnier looking because I am about as graceful as a drunken walrus and I fall a lot..... And I generally arrest the rapid deceleration of my decent with my face. It's kind of cool. I sport multiple scars and a crooked nose, and I have a very "special" quality about me. I do. It's okay. I've accepted who and what I was a LONG time ago. It's okay to laugh. I do it quite often myself when I look in the mirror!

So, now that we determined that I am NOT Charlize Theron and have established that I will never be the next cover girl for some outlandishly priced makeup company, I get to my point:

I used to hate that I didn't look like everyone else.... That I didn't have the blond hair and the blue eyes. The fact that I didn't have "white" skin. The fact that at ten paces, no matter what, I could be picked out as a "minority" right away. I mean, that was, like, in first grade.... I pretty much got over that shit pretty early on. I accepted that I was a short, funny looking, flat chested, weirdo with A.D.D, O.C.D., and a tome full of quirks that can't be figured out by any mere mortal. I am okay with that too. I look the same as I did when I was in the sixth grade. Maybe a bit more muscle tone, gray hairs and the freckle fairy, who wasn't too nice to me in my youth found me again and poofed my face with a bunch more, but whatever. It's all good. I have a man who clearly loves me for everything that I am, because of who I am. It's kind of an awesome feeling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment