Custom Search

Friday, September 12, 2014

Making Funny Faces....

I like to amuse myself sometimes by making really goofy faces and taking pictures of myself. I don't know when I started doing it, but it's a thing. I've been doing it for quite some time now. Yes, it's kind of dorky and stuff, but I already knew that about myself and I think it's entertaining and fun and also helps to bring levity and happiness into my day.

I think it's also important to be able to not take yourself so seriously and be able to laugh at yourself from time to time. I mean for real AND on purpose. A lot of people really do take themselves WAY too seriously and they really have no reason to because they really aren't as awesome as they think themselves to be. There really isn't a good fucking reason why we have to be so uptight and serious all the time. I think taking oneself too seriously leads to unhappiness and high blood pressure and heart attacks and shit like that. And quite honestly? Who doesn't feel better after a a good laugh? Another point is, I really truly believe that it's hard to take a person who's too serious about themselves, seriously.

Making funny faces in the mirror and laughing like an idiot can cure a person of that a little. You can't really take yourself too seriously when you're making a face that makes you look like an Ewok on crack or a squinty eyed Miss Piggy. How can you not crack a little smile when you're sitting there with your tongue hanging out, your nose turned up like a pug and your eyes crossed? Everyone could use a little levity in their lives. Making faces at yourself is a great way to do it, and no. And, regardless of what your mom told you when you were growing up, it's not gonna stay that way. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment