Custom Search

Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like...NO.

Far be it for me to "ruin" X'mas for little kids, but when I do the X'mas thing with them, I stay away from the mainstream "traditional" shit. Santa doesn't come to our house. We have a X'mas troll that comes and hides dirty socks and presents all over the house. We eat Japanese hibachi stuff for supper instead of turkey or ham or whatever. We watch Spaceballs and Nightmare Before Christmas instead of Charlie Brown Christmas and Frosty the Snowman.

Sure, the older ones know that Santa's not real. I think even the middle ones have an inkling too, although they're not gonna admit it since they still get the goods from the fat guy. I've got the little one who, I'm betting dollars to doughnuts, still hasn't completely wrapped her mind around the whole fucking concept, but doesn't really give a shit anyway because whether or not there is a Santa or not, there are still presents under the tree for her.

So, how do I respond when I get asked by little kids whether there really is a Santa? Well, I usually go with the tame, "Well, as long as YOU believe, then Santa will always be real for you and leave you presents and stuff....." I hate the holidays.....

No comments:

Post a Comment