Custom Search

Thursday, May 2, 2013

The difference between men and women......

I know I've kind of covered this topic a couple of times. Like HERE.

Wow.... did you really go back? Was it worth it? Because I was gonna repeat it right now. Mostly because I'm an asshole like that. Yup. Men are from Earth. So are women. Women are from Earth too. But seriously. What makes them so freaking different? I mean, obviously, other then the physiological penis/ vagina thing and all that. I mean mentally, emotionally... The inner mechinations of their minds and shit. The use of "logic" and their systems of what "logic" is: TOTALLY different. Approaches to everything: TOTALLY different. Reactions and responses to things: TOTALLY different. Different hormones and all sorts of other stuff aside..... Or maybe, THAT'S what makes us different. Maybe it's the way we grow up and how "society" puts different thoughts into our minds by planting the seed of male/female roles in our minds from a very young age. I don't know. But the fact of the matter is, There's a difference.

Penis, testicle / vagina thing. There are so many "differences between the sexes" that's become kind of cliche, ya know? Like how men are more brutal and aggressive and women are conniving and malicious. Men are the protectors, while women are nurturing. You know. THAT type of shit. But you really can't say that they hold true across the board, because, quite honestly, it doesn't.

Only once did I ever feel the need to REALLY address the issue. A boy, whom my parents thought would be a good "suitor" for me (I was 11 or 12 at the time) decided to "man card" me and say that I will do his bidding, I will do as I am told and I will do so without question because he was the man and I was the woman. I challenged him to make me if he thought he could. After I thoroughly beat the ever loving shit out of him and left him bloodied and bruised on a playground, the parents (mine and his) asked what happened. I was honest. I told the adults that the little pansy couldn't handle taking his lumps and that the nasty little shit was rude and obnoxious and needed a solid lesson. His parents were quite upset and told my parents that I needed to be punished for my insolence. I DARED my parents to punish me. It never happened. I laid down my threat and said that if I saw the boys face again, I would pound him worse. Funny how we never saw that family again.....

So, does it become a matter of parenting? I mean, it would seem that in some cultures, it really is. Look at these islamic pieces of crap and the way they treat their women.... Fucking barbarians. But then, looking at nature vs. nurture. Men do tend to be bigger and stronger. Aggressive behavior seems to be more predominant in the male species. Men usually take over the role of "protector" in most cases. But across the board? I can think of TONS of situations and name people who don't necessarily "fit the bill".

Maybe I'm over thinking this whole thing (which wouldn't be unusual), but I get curious about this shit sometimes. I'm sure that there's some super scientific research-y whatever about it all, but even those studies can't guarantee 100% of the time or pinpoint EXACTLY what it is that drives the males and females of our species..... Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment