Custom Search

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dreams

My imagination and the strange goings on in my mind don't just end when my wakefulness ends. They spew forth it's "rich and colorful" -ness and continue going on in my sleeping hours too. I have "regular" dreams, like the one where the bunny talks me into some weird adventure that leads to us questing for the golden magical potato. Everyone has THAT dream, right?  Or the one about the flying giraffe that asks you to aid it in saving the world from dangerous mutant Pokemon? Right? TOTALLY normal, every day whatever. Pretty cut and paste shit right there. But then I get really weird ones that make me wonder what the fuck is wrong with me.

I try to relay my dreams to other people and I get strange looks as those people start to back slowly away from me. If there were a way to record some of these dreams so that they could get played back later, I'd be able to SHOW people instead of trying to explain it to them. Something, ya know? But then I kind of thought about it and I started to freak out about the possibilities of what would happen if a device like that really WAS invented. I mean, can you imagine the kind of shit other people would be able to see/ hear/ experience through your eyes? I mean, it's probably a good thing we don't all walk around and have thought bubbles pop up when something pops into our heads. We have "inside voices" for a pretty good fucking reason. I, for one know, that if people got a peek inside MY head, they'd pretty much be scarred for life and would end up needing permanent institutionalization at a psychiatric facility, constantly being fed psychotropic drugs and copious amounts of sedatives, because he or she would be reduced to a screaming heap of paranoid lunatic. It's on the INSIDE for a reason. That's why they're called "INSIDE". Got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment