Custom Search

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Say my name!

I used to get pretty pissed off when my parents called me by my sister's name. Even AFTER she moved out of the house. My parents would STILL call me by my sister's name. Granted, she was the favorite and stuff, but still. Seriously.... DO you remember that scene in A League of Their Own", the movie where Geena Davis and Lori Petty were sisters and ended up playing major league baseball on on an all woman league where Lori Petty is describing how the parents introduce the two of them to other people?
"This is our daughter Dottie....... And this is our other daughter..... Dottie's sister." Yeah. That was me. I was the other daughter. My sister's sister. 

So, it was YEARS later, after I had my own kids and stuff, that a found myself doing the same thing. Calling the kids by the wrong name. Calling them by the dog's name. Hell, I even started making up names. And then I thought to myself, "Holy hell! What the actual fuck right now!" It totally messed with the feng shui of my -ness! In discovering that it just happens was like, "Oh my LANTA......" and then it was like, "I'm becoming like my parents!!!!!" and going through an absolute freak out moment. It was a pretty bad day.

Yeah..... So that.

No comments:

Post a Comment