Custom Search

Monday, October 28, 2013

Made up language....

Yes, my kids and I have a "made up language" of sorts. Not "baby talk", but just made up words we use to describe things and mean for certain others. I have been doing it since I was little and it just stuck. I continue to do it even now and it rubbed off on the kids. And now they do it too. We have certain words that we use all the time that may not make sense to other people, we have others that pop up on the fly. Weird thing about it is that we understand what we're saying and the conversation flows along smoothly. Why? Well, I've found that there are certain things that you are trying to describe, whether they are sensations or textures or feelings or a something that just can't be described in a word that is known to humankind. There just simply isn't  a word for it. There JUST ISN'T. And there is nothing more frustrating than trying to get a point across to someone, but the words just aren't there. I HATE that!

Well, apparently, there are people who think what we do is stupid. Not that I've asked for their stupid fuckin' opinions or anything, but they sure do give it! See, the way I see it is, communication skills come from being able to adequately explain oneself to another individuals. But in order to do so effectively, there has to be a certain pattern, a certain flow, a certain beat to the way a person speaks in order to successfully get said point across. As little ones, the words may just not be there. And if ANYONE wants to argue with me that "there is a lack of "sophistication" in a child's thought processes where if they don't know the word, they don't need to because they wouldn't understand the concept of it anyway...", well, you're just an idiot and you have no business raising kids, being near kids, just do the world a favor and hide yourself in a cave for, oh,  I don't know, ever. Ever would be good. Shut up.

I see the "creation of words" to be a creative thing and it nurtures imagination. I mean, to be able to come up with a word, and for the creator of said word to define it, and have it understood by others.... Well, isn't that what any language all it really is? A series of sounds strung together to "name" something, and this "name of something" having a definition to mean a person, place, thing, emotion, state of being, action, description or whatever, and it being understood by others.... So yeah. We do it. And we will keep on doing it too.

Go ahead and GOOGLE-y Google the word "flabammo". Yeah, that's right BITCHES! It's one of mine. And if I'm not showing up as the first person in those searches, somebody had better call the fuckin' police because I've been ROBBED!

No comments:

Post a Comment