Custom Search

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Music......

So, they say that music soothes the soul. I don't have my doubts about this. I think about the many times that I have been affected by music. I mean REALLY affected by music. It has riled me, it has brought me to tears. It has given me goose bumps, it has excited me. It has given me strength, it has weakened me. It has dragged me through every spectrum of emotions that I am capable of feeling. We all associate some memory or feeling or something to a song or a series of songs. There are songs that evoke a certain emotion. There are songs that we hear for the first time that we feel attached to and we don't really know why. Maybe a certain lyric or all the lyrics. Something. But it does stir something inside of us and evokes a feeling or sensation. That's some powerful shit right there, if you think about it. It's a random collaborations of sound waves put together in an order that creates this flowing pattern of noises that our brains interpret as "music". (Although I have to say at this point, that some people's taste in music fucking sucks.) And this music stuff has a certain energy or a power, if you will, that moves people in a certain way.

I mean, I get that not all people are going to like the same music. The tastes vary from person to person. I get it. But there is a certain something about music that creates some kind of force that moves us, whether on the inside where we feel things or on the outside, when it moves us to dance. (Well, some of us don't "dance" per se.... More like a series of hyper-spaztic movements....) But a something.

I've thought much about that "something". Actually, I've obsessed over it. I still think that music holds the key to world domination (another obsession of mine). Okay, think about this: Have you ever been to a concert and felt the energy of the stadium/arena when the music is going? It's like a universal oneness. It's almost eerie how silent it can get and it's completely insane how loud it can become and that dynamism is mind altering. That electricity is tangible. It's nuts. Or how about a national anthem. OUR National Anthem. Well, I get that to a lot of folks, our anthem doesn't mean much to them, but there are those of us who still love our country and it still stirs the very cores of our beings when we hear it. Again, another certain current of some force brought about from music.

THEN, let me tell you about this four chord progression theory that I also have regarding music. I mean, if you go to youtube and look up "four chord song" you'll come up with a bunch of videos of all the different songs that are really all the same song, just with different lyrics. It's weird. It spans over different genres of music to suit every palate, but it's the same music..... WTF??!?!?!?? And people flock to these artists like love starved groupies and they love these songs and junk....

So... What am I going to do about it or do with my thoughts and theories? Probably nothing but continue to obsess over them and stuff. But I'm telling you. there is a secret formula or something there. It is powerful and it would conquer worlds...... If I could juuuuuuuuuuust figure it out.......

No comments:

Post a Comment