Custom Search

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Eddie.......

It would seem that I need to explain who "Eddie" is. Well, okay. Here it goes: It just happens to be that I named the "voice in my head". Everyone has one. Whether you want to call it your "conscience" or your "id", "ego", whatever, I have always envisioned my "that thing" to be a big black, gay man with a deep, rich voice... and a lisp. I mean, even when I was little. He's always been the same. Singing show tunes and spewing out random thoughts. He was my childhood "imaginary friend". And then I grew up...... The thing of it is, HE didn't leave.

I know that it's basically my rich and inventive imagination that makes Eddie who he is. I also know that Eddie is a piece of my psyche and no, it's not like "voices in my head that tell me to do bad things" kind of voice. It's like this constant chattering. The source of my insomnia on most nights. The voice of my doubts and fear. The singing of my own praises. The cheering of my biggest fan. The crier of my accolades. The rememberer of my greatest failures. Non-stop. All. The. Time.

Am I right? Hello? No? Just me? Oh..... Okay. Carry on then.

No comments:

Post a Comment