Custom Search

Friday, April 19, 2013

Thankful....

I complain sometimes about my life. I'm not a gojillionaire, I don't have a rainbow unicorn or a pet velociraptor, that I miss my Puppy Guts when he's off at work, that weird shit happens in my life..... With that being said, I have a roof over my head, food on the table. My kids are happy and healthy, I have my Puppy Guts that I CAN say I miss. I have good friends and people I can call family. 

So, some time back, during the winter, I  bought a homeless (?) (not sure whether he was or not....) guy a whole roasted chicken while I was at the market. He was VERY grateful and thanked me A LOT. Weird how he was taken aback a little when I went to shake his hand and wish him well.... I guess he must not have gotten that kind of treatment often. His hands were freezing when I took them into my own. My only hopes were that the chicken warmed up his hands and filled his belly. I guess I AM  pretty thankful for the life I have.


It may be that I did something for that old guy, but he gave me something back that I didn't think I needed at the time, but in looking back, I really did. I needed that moment in my life. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but that moment gave me something more than what I gave to him that cold day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment