Custom Search

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kids these days.....

I don't get it. I mean, I know I touched on this a little a few days ago, but I am still baffled by this strange phenomena. There was a time, way back before handheld electronic gizmos and shit, we had to use our imaginations and shit to entertain ourselves. It seems like those days are long gone for most of the children in this newest generation. What the fuck. I mean, I get that it's easy to hand a kid your iThing and let them play some mindless game of whatever, just to shut them up and all, but really? It saddens me to think that these kids won't really know what it's like to PLAY. They have their faces buried in some sort of handheld device as they sit and zombie out while engaging in a virtual world, not making connections with REAL people or their families, not using their imaginations, getting up and really exploring their environments or using their minds and imaginations to entertain themselves.

Quite honestly, the kids these days lack imagination and forethought and creativity and original thoughts. They just spew out whatever they are exposed to and that's it. They see something somewhere and they spew out the same ideas and they get rewarded as being creative. Um.... No. The television shows that they watch are all crap, and it bothers me that not too many parents are doing anything to prevent the dumbing down of the next generation because, well, quite honestly, they really can't be bothered. It's called LAZINESS people!

Make all the excuses you want and say that those "games" boost hand/ eye coordination, or "they're educational" or whatever the fuck. Going outside and PLAYING BASEBALL does the same thing in boosting hand/eye coordination and simply by being forced to THINK for themselves is "educational", except, they would be interacting with others and the REAL WORLD, being physical and feeding their minds with REAL "brain growers".

It scares me to see what this next generation is going to be.... Mindless drones and sheep, ready to follow orders and commands as we slip further down the rabbit hole..... FUCK! Not mine. Not on my watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment