Custom Search

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Career paths......

When I was five, I wanted to be the undisputed, supreme royal highness, overlord of all and the absolute ruler of everything. Either that or a veterinarian. As I grew a little, I still wanted to be the undisputed, supreme royal highness, overlord of all and the absolute ruler of everything. Either that or a fire fighter.

Then, through my teen years, even though I still wanted to be the undisputed, supreme royal highness, overlord of all and the absolute ruler of everything, I decided to have a more realistic goal and become a  gojillionaire superstar of one variety or another. Either that or I was gonna join the army.

When I graduated high school and went off to college,  I still wanted to be the undisputed, supreme royal highness, overlord of all and the absolute ruler of everything. But to be REALLY realistic, I was just hoping that I would be able to find a job that would pay me enough to allow me to sustain a decent lifestyle.

By the time I was done with THAT experiment, I  still wanted to be the undisputed, supreme royal highness, overlord of all and the absolute ruler of everything. But I decided that instead of a career, I want a family first.

Yet another failed experiment. I came away with four great children whom I adore and an ex-husband, whom I don't. But I guess I'm luckier than most women in my shoes, because I actually found my soul mate after divorce. Oh well. Lesson learned. I suppose having had a crappy relationship with someone I didn't mesh with makes me appreciate more the great relationship I have now with someone I mesh with perfectly. And I  still want to be the undisputed, supreme royal highness, overlord of all and the absolute ruler of everything, but I don't see that position opening up any time soon and I don't exactly have the means to take over the world yet.

There is no doubt where I WANT to head and I have certainly taken the steps to get me on the path to get there. I guess that was the hardest step..... So, away I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment