Custom Search

Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's FINE!

Ahh.... The days of nervousness when I became a first time mom..... EVERYTHING was a cause for concern. Every sniffle, every cough, every minor little scrape or bruise..... The second time around, being a little more savvy, I didn't freak out as much over every little thing. The third time around, I probably didn't freak out as much as I probably should have when things went awry. Which leads me to my youngest and only little girl. If it's not gushing arterial blood, I'll tell her to rub some dirt on it and move along. Most often times, we avoid the drama and the screaming and crying, which is great, and she'll go back about her business. And looking back, I really should have been that way with all of my children. I HATE that there are some kids that will cry over ANY kind of slight ANYTHING. They whine about everything, they cry over anything and they mewl and make excuses and UGH! SHUT THE FUCK UP!

And the sad thing is, it really isn't the kid's fault. It's what their parents have made them. A result of allowing them to become whiny pansies. I mean, I can remember a time when my friends and I would go and play outside and unless there were broken bones, severe blood loss or some kind of unholy medical emergency, we would continue to play or fight or both and go home bloodied and bruised or whatever and be ready to do it again the next day. My parents didn't really "EEK!" over everything and that was it. Done. Any slight or whatever and it was "Suck it up! What the fuck is the big fucking deal?" It really helped me to be able to determine what WAS worth crying about. In watching my kids playing with others, it becomes so blatantly clear that although they have their moments, they aren't half as pansy sissy baby as the rest of the kids...... It's kind of cool. Raising kids ain't easy, but seeing that kind of shit really brings it home that it WAS worth every minute I spent at home and actively RAISING my children. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment