Custom Search

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Um........ No.


There are some questions that don't really require the thought that you pretend to put into them. The answer is VERY apparent and clear and obvious, but we feel the need to pretend to think about it anyway....
This is especially true when the kids ask for something...

Child: Mommy? Can I have a box of chocolate?
Me: Um....... No.

or

Child: Mommy? Can you buy me <some expensive toy that they don't need that I can't afford anyway>?
Me: Um........ No.

Or the instances with random people...
Some random person: So, can I call you some time?
Me: Um....... No.

or

Some person I don't like: We should do this again!
Me: Um....... No.

I probably use "Um....... No." about twenty to thirty times a day because of the random questions that pop up like just last night when my daughter asked if we could have cupcakes for dinner. Yeah. She got the standard answer. Um....... No.

No comments:

Post a Comment