Custom Search

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fitness.....


As I get older, I have come to the realization that exercise isn't going to get me the same results as they used to, like, when I was in my teens and twenties. It's not to say that I am in sorry shape, but it takes a lot more work to maintain the level of fitness and keep on trying to improve on said fitness. I resolved to try and exercise more this year and try to get into a better routine of doing so, more frequently and more regularly... Yeah.... Easier said than done.
I remember being fit and toned. I remember it being as easy as a half an hour of actually exercising a few times a week. Beyond that, yeah.... That was the extent of my fitness routine. I'm not sure what happened.... Well, that's not entirely true..... Marriage that led to complacency and not caring too much about the way I looked, then sprinkle in four kids.... It takes its toll on a body.
So now, I actually have to work at this thing called exercise in order to keep at a reasonable fitness level that I find to be adequate and it hurts. Changing up the routine frequently and challenging myself and pushing myself is really making parts of me not like me too much. There are parts of me that are no longer on speaking terms with me, I have other parts who are just NOT my friends any more too..... :s
But I'll keep at it.... We'll see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment