Custom Search

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy birthday, Mini Doom!


My youngest and only daughter celebrates her fourth birthday today. Surely, she will be dressed up in her prettiest pink fluffy dress, her hair will be done up all princess pretty and she will don her sparkly pink jeweled tiara and wield her fairy princess wand of doom.
We will go to the store to pick up cake and ice cream and have a dinner consisting of her favorite foods (mac and cheese, kielbasa, corn....) and we will celebrate the princess' birthday in super mega princess-y style.
The drawback is going to be that every day will be her birthday for the next month and a half and she will expect the same royal treatment every day.... It's cute for the first few days.... But soon the luster wears off and the reality that it's no longer her birthday will come crashing down... :( Undoubtedly, she will pout and frump, but I know that I will easily be able to distract her with crayons and paper and a snack of hummus and chips.
It's hard to believe that the youngest of my brood is now four years old. I remember the shock of hearing that I was having a girl and I went into such denial because I did well with three little boys. Now, looking back, and looking forward, I can't imagine life without my little girl.... I love you my Baby Doll! Happy Birthday Squish! My little Mini Doom.... May you always be my little princess who's not afraid to tackle your brothers and throw down with the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment