Custom Search

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Some people.....

I've been trying this new thing where I try to put myself in someone else's shoes in order to try and see where they're coming from before I try to judge them. It's a newer thing, and I'm still working on my technique and delivery of the "polite smile", but most of the time, I still just judge people and deem them too stupid for me to be near, throw a comment stating as such and walking away with a sour puss on my face. But I'm making better attempts to try. NEVER easy.

What DOES make it a wee bit easier is when the idiot I'm trying to understand tries, at the very least, to listen to my opinions and reasons and explanations as to why I believe them to be stupid or wrong.... Or both. (It helps when I don't call them "stupid" directly though....) My patience levels are pretty low and it doesn't take too much to set off my hair trigger smack downs on stupid people, but if they listen and actually have a conversation instead of verbally diarrhea-ing all over the place, my tolerance levels go up a little. Just a little.

I understand that I am a VERY quirky individual. People either like me or they don't. I can be one of those, "She's alright once you get to know her...." type people. Basically, people just need to get used to my "-ness". So, I suppose there are plenty of people who probably think this same way about me because they DON'T understand me, or more so, CAN'T understand me. That's fine. It was never really my mission to please everybody anyway.

See, I'm tired of being judged by people, and just the same, I am pretty sure that there are those individuals who are probably sick of being judged by those around them as well. Seriously? Most of the time, the people doing the judging are not able to, will not and CANNOT turn their critical eye on themselves and be that same kind of "judgmental" on themselves. I guess my way of trying to understand some people and see myself more critically. Kind of judge myself through someone else's eyes kind of thing.

It's a work in progress. I'm still pretty much an asshole and I guess it's going to take quite a bit of time before it becomes apparent whether or not my "asshole-y-ness" is terminal or not. Oh well. At least I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment