Custom Search

Monday, June 10, 2013

I did this......

So, I shaved my head again. I mean this time, I REALLY meant it. Buzzed. It's all gone. There was a time when a woman's shame was displayed by shaving her head. "A woman's worth is measured by her hair..." Blah, blah, blah...... Really? It's hair. And right now, I feel like a million bucks.

Puppy Guts and I did another "Shave to Save" for a friend of ours overseas. Whether it raised any money or not is besides the point. The point was, we wanted to show him that we were there with him in spirit, since we were not able to attend any one of his fundraising events..... In AUSTRALIA. We wanted to show solidarity with him. Not in the journey that he has gone through and continues to go through as we could not possibly relate to what he is going through. We would never understand the pain he must endure. We will never understand how blessed the "good days" are, nor would we ever comprehend what his "bad days" must be like. But just that we wanted him to know that "Hey bro..... We're here for you."

Yes, we made another goofy video. And there was a follow up video of us shaving our heads. We also made our attempts to raise funds for him.

"We are trying to raise money for our bro Corey Hawes as he bravely battles cancer. The actual "shave video" is still in "production", but it will be equally Mia and Rick-esque" and will be posted by the end of next week.

All funds that are collected are to help offset the costs involved in the life saving treatments he needs. No donation will be too great or too small. 
A PAYPAL account has been made! 
Account name: Corey.hawes@jetstar.com
Please consider donating!

Thanks! 
Love and hugs, 
MIA and RICK"

Yes. I just shamelessly plugged the crap out of our fundraising effort. 
Corey is a devoted husband. Corey is the doting father to two young children. Corey is a beloved son. He is a cherished friend. And Corey is our "brother". And if shaving my head for this brave soul, who has basically shared his whole entire journey with us, sending pictures and regular progress reports, makes me less of a woman because I have no hair, then sign me up for another. I'll do it every time.

Love and hugs to Corey, his family, and his worldwide friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment