Custom Search

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

If I had died when I thought I was going to.......

Let's back track a little.....

In my youth, I will admit to have been quite the hellion. I was a nightmare. No doubt. And in my youth, I had the, "Nothing can kill me, I am INVINCIBLE!!!!!" mentality that comes with said youth and the stupidity of that youth. My own mortality wasn't even a thought. And in thinking back, DAMN did I ever do a hell of a lot of stupid things. I mean, Darwin Award kind of stupid things. And in thinking back to all the situations that I had gotten myself in to, all of the "wrong place, wrong time" scenarios that I happen to come in to, it really doesn't come as a surprise that my guardian angel now drinks and is on a lot of high dosage prescription medication. I mean, my toddler years alone were stress inducing and hectic, I can only imagine what it must have been like for him or her during the rest of my childhood/ youth/ early adulthood. And because my learning curve is pretty severe, it's not as if though I learned from past experiences. It took a while for things to sink in and made me realize, "Hm...... Maybe I shouldn't do that any more....." But having some asshole living in my head, it really didn't help much.

So, it brings me to where I am, after having survived up until now. Knowing what I do now and the life I have? WOW! The regrets I would have had if I hadn't gotten to this point. I mean, there are quite a few many mistakes that I've made even after I "grew out of" the "stupid youthful years". But I suppose without even those, I wouldn't be the same person I am today, as even those things did shape me into who I am at this point. And despite the crap I've had to go through and endured, there are also so many great things that I wouldn't have known. My kids. My Puppy Guts. The friendships and amazing experiences I've had.

Wow..... So, here's to my guardian angel. Thanks for seeing me through up until now, and thanks in advance for what I hope will be a very long life ahead of me. You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment