Custom Search

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Idiot dog...

Stupid dogs have the life... I own one and I analyzed the ins and outs for him... Sure, he's stupid, but the reality is, he really doesn't know that he's missing out on anything. He gets fed, gets walked, gets attention, sleeps whenever he wants, there's always someone willing to give him a belly rub. He's warm, comfortable, loved and is never really in a want for anything and nothing is really expected from him because everyone knows that he is about as smart as a bag of rocks. His IQ is room temperature at best and it would be pointless to try and expect anything from him or try and change him. I've accepted him for what he is and I deal.
I've been trying to apply this philosophy to other aspects of my life. There are things that are far beyond my control, despite what I'd like to be happening, the opposite is occurring and there isn't a whole lot I can do about it. In trying to change those things, I come up empty handed, frustrated and having wasted a whole bunch of time and energy on something when it could have been invested usefully in something else.
I am still just a work in progress. I've accepted that about myself, but at least I'm doing something and I'm trying. I will continue to do so. In the meantime, there are still plenty of things that piss me off and have to be dealt with, there are plenty of things that piss me off that I can't do anything about. I'm getting better at assessing and determining what needs my attention and what can be ignored. I'm not always successful, but it's a learning process.
At the end of the day, I learned a valuable lesson from a intellectually challenged dog who taught me to let things that can't be changed be... Maybe he's not THAT stupid after all... I take that back... Yes, he is. I am watching him lick the paint off of the wall right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment