Custom Search

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Elbow gremlins and other such ailments...

As I type this now, I am being harassed by the elbow gremlin... Sure, it's just a joint pain and all, but sometimes I like to think (way too much) about what causes the pain. I know that it's just years of abuse on the body over the course of my younger days (sports, falling, fights, tripping and falling, running, tripping, falling and being an all around general spaz... And there was that one time when I walked right into a wall...)  that led to the aches and pains that I get from time to time, especially when the weather changes. (Humidity and high pressure are the worst... ) Not amusing. Call it Mia's quirk # 316. I like to think more along the lines of "elbow gremlins", "shoulder trolls", "wrist gnomes", the ever annoying "knee goblin", and the chronic, migraine inducing "brain leprechaun"... I imagine them doing a little jig with spiked shoes or using rusty hammers and drills to cause the pain, maybe chewing and biting with gnarled teeth... Yeah, I know... Shut up! I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment