Custom Search

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Stupid puzzle games....



I am all for buying those puzzle type games for the kids. It helps them to develop patience and uses the gray lumps in their skulls for something other than processing commercials for more crappy plastic toys that they want or remembering stats and data of all the Pokemons or Bakugans ever created... (But I still don't get WHY they can't remember to put the toilet seat down!!!!!!!)
With that being said, we have a few of the puzzle games lying around. The metal ones where you have to take the linked pieces and take them apart, the Rubik's cube, the plastic doojie things that you have to get all the balls to go somewhere or do something, the other plastic doojie things that you have to figure out how to make the things do what the instructions tell you to do... You've seen them. They've either already been mastered by the boys or rendered as something that they'll conquer later and they lay in the community toy box down stairs... I made the mistake of picking one of them up and giving it a try...
After about 20 minutes, I think I may have ruptured something... Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad..... My mom walked into the room with me yelling at the toy asking if I was alright. I gave her the thing and stormed upstairs.
I went back downstairs to make myself a cup of tea about 30 minutes later. Lo and behold, woman was on the couch, frazzled and on the verge of having an eye pop out of her head, trying to figure out the stupid puzzle thing. I shook my head and went back upstairs...
When the kids got back from their weekend with their dad, the puzzle had been left out on the counter... Unsolved. Oldest boy child looks at it and says, "Oh!" and within a few seconds, the one thingy became two thingies. I looked at my mom, who looked at me. Double sigh.
It was time for dessert, then bath and bed anyway... Stupid puzzles...

No comments:

Post a Comment