Custom Search

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The language of toddlers...



Ever sit and listen to what small children say? I mean if you have little ones and you're communicating with them, you can understand what they're saying, but if someone else walked into the conversation, it sounds... Wrong... Just an example...If Foppin' (and it almost sounds like "fuckin'")= Flapping, kokman = Pokemon, fock = fork and sheek = sheep, what you hear is:
"Kokman foppin' wif sheek. I haba fock too!"
What I hear is: "I'm playing with my Pikachu and sheep stuffed animals. I'm pretending that they're flying. See them flapping their pretty pretty wings? I have a fork. I found it with my toys and  I think it needs to go into the sink..."
I wish little kids had "baby-speak translators" that scrolled what they are saying in adult-speak built into their clothes or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment