Custom Search

Monday, February 24, 2014

What Did You Just Say?!!?


Ever meet one of those people who should just walk around with an interpreter because... Well, just because? My dad's English (engrish) is unintelligible at best and even worse when he's angry.
The roofer had to come by the house again because the insurance people needed a quote in order to pay out my dad. In trying to explain what was going on, there were misunderstandings...
The roofer got: "Za shingroos  got into butt of outside and oh nooo! Ouchie! It reeked all rover because big holes!"

In standing outside with them to play translator, I almost lost my mind. The roofer was looking at me like "WTF?! I don't want to know! I'm just here for the roof!" making it harder for me to stifle the laugh.

The message that dad was trying to convey was that the shingles didn't quite butt up to each other and the roof leaked because of the gaps...

I would've paid to have that short conversation on video or at the very least a picture of the roofer's face...

No comments:

Post a Comment