Custom Search

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Joys of Parenthood...

Parenthood isn't all fun filled cuteness. Sometimes it's kinda gross and stinky, other times it can be downright frustrating and trying, but it is the single most rewarding experience. EVER.

Back before I had kids, I didn't think I'd be able to handle it. I mean, changing diapers and spitting up and puke and snot and drool and piss and shit and crap and all sorts of other bodily fluids and the endless hours and the insanity and chaos that's depicted in the movies of new parents and their babies..... GAAAAH!!!!!

But now, I kind of look at it and it's like, "Meh..... I've touched worse." or "Pfft! I've been through worse..." and it just doesn't seem like such a big deal. It means nothing to me to use my shirt to wipe a kid's nose or whatever. It's not that big a deal cleaning up a pile of puke or changing a blown out diaper. I can get it all done with a "bring it on!" attitude. And the kids never really know to appreciate those things. I mean, that's as it should be.....

I can't even begin to say how many times I've cleaned all sorts of stuff out of carpet and clothes and tile and sink drains, especially during a particularly bad flu season, and the kids have seen me take it all in stride. And no, it's not like I'd love doing that or whatever. I would much rather have seen my kids feeling 100% and not being sick, but the last of their concerns at that point should be, "I'm sorry you have to clean that up..... :( "

It all comes together when that morning comes and my children wake up feeling like they could take on Mike Tyson and the "YAY I FEEL BETTER!!!!" smile is plastered onto their little mugs.... ::sigh:: It feels good.

Until FLABAMMO! I get hit with the flu..... Meh. If that's the price I have to pay, I'm eager to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment