Custom Search

Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Imagination...

There are so few things that DON'T amuse me.... But I suppose that's because the world in my head is SO much cooler than the world outside of it. I don't think people quite grasp how much laughter and not taking oneself so seriously is SO important. Every little thing that you do can bring levity and fun if you allow it and can picture it in your head. Yes, I can be a rather intense individual. I have moments when I DON'T do well outside the safe haven of my own mind. Then there are times when I HAVE to escape from it because it gets a little too weird.

I like the idea of being able to take every day, mundane shit and turning it into something else. The theme song to Mission Impossible plays in my head when I'm out getting groceries. I imagine the stairs leading up or down is a giant keyboard that plays a magical tune that I usually sing along to. Every green light is the signal to yell, "CHAAAAAAAARGE!!!!" as I command everyone forward. I pretend I'm on my own cooking show when I'm in the kitchen making supper. Whatever. It keeps the "everyday stuff" fun. I think without it, I wouldn't be the same and I'd just be another one of those boring folk.... You know..... Just like everyone else. And I couldn't live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment