Custom Search

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Future......

One of the noblest things that one can do for their child is to leave some kind of legacy behind for their children. Something that they can take with them on their own journeys through life and perhaps share with their own children and their children's children..... I really think that making sure that they don't lose touch with their "inner child" is one of those "things".

I'm not talking about those man-boys, who live at home with their moms in the basement, playing video games and eating cheesey poofs and pizza rolls all day. We should teach our kids to be good people. To have values and be ethical and responsible and trustworthy and true. They should know to have morals and have compassion and sympathy. To grow up and be someone that all others will look up to and admire. Those are all VERY true. But I also think that it's important for children to hold onto the "childish" things and think "outside the box" the way most children do, where imagination and dreams are a big chunk of the thing that makes them who they are.

The way things are going right now, I have to say, I am rather afraid of what the future holds. Kids now a days are rude and whiny and cowardly and absolutely something to punch in the face! They have excuses for everything, they have no direction, nothing to look up to or strive for..... And these are the individuals who will someday be "inheriting the world" so to speak. It really frightens me.

I can say that there are a handful of other parents, whom, like myself, hold our children to a higher standard and are swimming into the current, while we battle the rest of the world, all while shielding our children from what they rest of them are turning their children into. Whiny, cowardly, spoiled, sissy, pansy assed pieces of shit who expect everything to be handed to them. The "the world revolves around me, as I am the high and mighty" attitudes and their bully behaviors. Unfounded superiority complexes. It's a difficult thing to fight and avoid when that's what my children are exposed to all the time. Between what they see on television, are exposed to in school by their schoolmates, news, media...... I mean, it's an easy way of life and it's a very slippery slope. No responsibility, no morals, no anything difficult. It just is. It's easy. It's simple. Of course, that makes me a stick in the mud because I refuse to let them get away with that kind of shitty behavior. I DO hold them to a higher standard, where there are rules and schedules and responsibilities....... I expect more from them. I expect them NOT to be a part of that mainstream crap.

I can only hope that someday soon, they will "get" what I've been doing all along here. It seems rather hopeless and daunting a task now, not that I'm going to veer off my forward path here, but I have my beliefs that regardless of what's going on around them, the lessons that I have been pounding into their heads will sink in and they will become the ones who make REAL changes to what's going on. Until then........

No comments:

Post a Comment