Custom Search

Friday, November 23, 2012

TROOF!

There are so many different diets and lifestyle things and ways to improve your this and improve your that, things out there that claim will enhance your life, extend your life and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... The catch is, all you have to do is give up all the things that you love, like sleeping in or skipping a workout every once in a while or cutting out cake and cookies and ice cream and stuff like that or no meat or bacon..... What the fuck is that kind of shit??!?? There are plenty of ways to go about leading a healthy life and having a healthy lifestyle that doesn't include having to give up all the things you like. Seriously. Why in the hell would you want the last years in life to be extended? Are they really going to be all that great? I would much rather be able to do the things I like and eat the things I love and enjoy my life than look back on it with regret because I didn't eat something or didn't do something.

I suppose there are plenty of reasons as to why the "golden years" might be worth sticking around for. And I do admit that doing so healthily and still with able body would be great. I'd like to meet my grandchildren and great grandchildren some day! That'd be pretty cool. But I really don't think that subscribing to any one "lifestyle" is going to do it. I think it IS a moderation thing. It makes me laugh to see the different "lifestyle" thingies that people push onto others, whether it's a certain diet, exercise, religion, some kind of belief in something. They see themselves as revolutionary and different and free thinking, and all the while I look at them and laugh as they follow their guru's of health, nutrition and spirituality while I merrily skip along and actually DO my own thing. I just don't see myself sticking to any one thing because I lack the attention span and I really don't like people telling me what to do.

I suppose, if it works for some people, they can do whatever the hell pleases them. That's fine. It's their choice. But I don't like the idea of it being pushed on me and forced down my throat either. DO NOT WANT! :sigh: You have your way, I'll  have it mine. Let's leave it at that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment