Custom Search

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Random Spider Post....



Okay... I may have to give it to Lucky about the spider thing in one respect. When you're NOT expecting it and all of a sudden a spider pops up out of no where, I suppose it can give a person the heebie jeebies.
A side note here... I know... My ideas have a tendency to wander quite a bit. What can I say... I have a 1/4" attention span and I think I fried my tiny little mind...
ANYWAY, the story of Little Miss Muffet is actually a disturbing one. Not the nursery rhyme itself, but the fact that the little miss was a real person. Get this... The little miss in the rhyme was the only daughter of a sick and twisted physician. Although Dr. Muffet had several sons, it was his daughter that he used to experiment on by dosing her with the venom of various spiders to see what a human's response to them would be and ultimately try and find a use for spider venom as a beneficial something or another. He used his only daughter because she would not be able to carry on the name like her brothers would.
Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment