Custom Search

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Book...



Okay... So, I'm back at it again... The editing process. Going through the final edits that were done and doing more stuff with things... I guess I'm closer than I was a month ago, but dang it! I'm getting impatient.
With the inside bit almost done, I go onto the outside bits and layout. Covers, art, graphics, layout... This has been quite the epic journey for me. Looking back on where I was this past winter and where I am now with this project, I have to say it's been rather surreal. I have a printed copy of the almost completed manuscript sitting next to the original manuscript (or more, "pile of papers and scrap heap") and I'm feeling a little proud of myself. I'm wondering now, what it's going to feel like when I have the "author's proofs" sitting in my hands... The first time a touch the cover with my work and my name in bound editions in my hands... Touching the actual book that I authored. Don't get me wrong. The book sucks. I never claimed to be the next great novelist. I never even claimed to be a good writer. It's the friggin' point. The feeling of accomplishment seen through to the end is quite good.
Throughout this wild ride, I had a few people mocking me and laughing at me and just being all around unimpressed, but for every one of those, I had ten people telling me, "Yes, you can and it's AWESOME!" I had so much support coming from all over the place and it warmed my heart. Never would have thought I'd end up here, but here I am.
My thoughts go to Myra and the ones she left behind for originally sparking the inspiration for me to come back to this project. If there is a God up in heaven, He will let Myra know that her warmth and the inspiration she sent to me is still felt and will not be forgotten. And of course, my Lucky for having so much faith in me and keeping me on task.
So close I can taste it... Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment