Custom Search

Monday, May 16, 2011

Hurray?



I'm just waiting to be able to celebrate the end of the madness that came with this book project. Looking back over these past 10 or so months, it's been filled with a lot of chaos. Writing, rewriting, editing, revising, editing some more and doing more revisions. Deciphering, decoding, channeling the spirits of a long dead civilization of an alien species to help me understand what the hell I was trying to say  in alien shorthand...
Moving onto draft edits and galley edits and discovering that I SUCK at grammar, punctuation and my grasp of the English language is tenuous at best. Vocabulary and spelling? Don't even get me started... And of course, I think I broke my attention span.
Interior galleys, cover galleys, final rounds of last minute edits... Waiting and anticipating what the finished products look like, THEN waiting and to see what those finished things will look like put together in an author's proof...
Soooooooooooo close......

No comments:

Post a Comment