Custom Search

Friday, May 27, 2011

Goodbyes...



When we hang out doing our thing, the WT crew normally discuss the coming zombie apocalypse, discuss random shit, complain about shit, debate about other shit, argue about some other shit, chill out and be. Me, Lucky and my best friend Mitchie. Every once in a while, we have "guest stars" that stop by and chill with us.
Meet Riley. Ri became one of "ours" a little over a year ago having met under the "mutual friend" thing. Despite the fact that our "friend" dumped us, Ri stuck around.
A Canadian "misplaced farm boy" he was attending Bridgeport U and recently graduated and became DR. Riley. A full fledged doctor of Chiropractics. We're so gosh darn proud! We went to the graduation and okay, I may have shed a tear or three... Whatevs... I held it together.
Now, he's going to be going back to Canada to go be a big boy and he came to hang out with us for one last WT. We had a great time. We had a Mitchie pizza, we sat and chilled out on the couch, we talked about all manner of things, just like we had always done. It was when we came to the end of our night that I can honestly say sucked. And not just a little. The reality hit hard... And we had to say goodbye to our friend.
We have all run across people in our lives that, for whatever reason, end up holding a special place in our hearts. Make sure they know how much they mean to you.

Riley, safe travels to you on this day dear friend. You will be sorely missed. Thank you so much for being our friend and sharing so much with us in such a short time.  We're very proud of your accomplishments. Go out there and show the world what you can do. Know that there will always be a spot on the couch for you, okay? Keep in touch and be a good boy! We love you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, lets get one thing straight here, it's not a "goodbye", it is merely a "farewell for now", got it??!!! Now that we have that straightened out...

    You guys couldn't see it, but there were a few (manly) tears shed on my end too, mainly in the car as I drove away. And every time I read this damn blog post of yours Mia...

    It truly was an honour having met you guys and been allowed to share time with you all. I realize it's a pretty elite group, and believe me I didn't take it lightly the fact that I had a standing invite to hang, even after things went south with that certain someone. You guys are truly something special, and in a good way!

    If and when I come east again, I'll be sure to stop by for a WT night, just like old times. Until then, you guys are more than welcome to come and crash at my place!

    ReplyDelete