Custom Search

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dang it!


As much as I may be the villain in certain peoples' lives, I do have those that play the role of the villain in mine....
I suppose my arch nemesis right now is my pop. We hardly ever cross paths and we barely speak to one another. But when we do, there are usually fires to put out, wounds to attend to, building restorations that need to be made, tape, spackle, paint needing to be applied... Not pretty. Never fun.
In his old age, the ornery old bastard has become even more ornery and nasty and quite honestly, there are days that I'd stare at the back of his head, willing it to explode. It never happens, but none the less..... Rarely do we utter word one to each other simply because he knows I will not tolerate his shit and he realizes that he has gotten much too old to do battle.
It sort of takes the wind out of my sails however when he (knowing full damn well that I am struggling for money) does something completely out of character and tosses me his credit card and tells me to go fill up the tank in my car.  :slump:  Curse you! You have defeated me on this day, but there is always tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment