Custom Search

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Buh-bye...


As I lay down my burdens and drop the bricks one by one, I find that I am letting go of a lot of people in my life that have kept me down and kept me from moving forward.
Cutting ties with people isn't always as easy as it seems, but when the task is done, it is rather liberating. And cutting ties doesn't necessarily mean not ever seeing someone again, but just letting go of everything that tied you to them. To truly not care, you have to let go of everything. The good, the bad.... EVERYTHING. It sounds simple enough to do, but the reality is, it's easier said than done.
It's easy to feel an emotion about someone you know. Hate, anger, pure detestation..... I'm sure you get it. And for whatever it is, it's so easy to get caught up in the petty things, especially when they're negative. Letting things go isn't always an easy thing, but the point is, going through the process of WHY you hold onto these things and reasoning things out and working through the things in your own time is quite therapeutic and very enlightening. I love having lived through my own processes and coming out the other side successfully. I'm going through, one by one and dealing with with the process over and over, but I'm coming to find that even this gets easier to do with time. :sigh: Moving forward.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment