Custom Search

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Computer idiot.....


I am not the most computer savvy person in the world. In fact I am quite the opposite of that. I am the most computer illiterate (to the point of retarded) person ever. I hate that moment where I'm reading something in Word and it asks me if I want to save.... And I don't remember making any changes...... I have erased documents, deleted all sort of shit that I didn't mean to delete, fucked up other crap and misaligned the feng shui of my ancient laptop on more than one occasion.
I have watched my whole laptop screen go blank while I went through yet another read through of my manuscript..... Turned out that I didn't have the damn thing plugged in.... I lost my changes and had to start all over again because I didn't save.....
I crashed the system once because I did something that it didn't like.... That was fun.... I'm usually winging it and most of the time I get something to work by sheer luck and begging and praying and promises of some kind of blood sacrifice. :sigh: I know that my laptop is getting older and she was ready to be retired some time ago, but I've been willing her forward because I need to get another year out of her.... So I try and baby her as much as possible. Soon. You can sleep soon... I promise.... For the time being, I need you to do the thing with the stuff and that other thing. 'K?

No comments:

Post a Comment