Custom Search

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Staying positive....

I try to stay positive as much as I can. There are far too many people who would rather see me wallowing in misery and being unhappy, but I don't like to be there often or for long periods of time. I vent my frustrations here in "writing", I express my distaste for someone to their faces if it's worth my time or effort, I vent to my Puppy Guts and my friends and I've learned to let a lot of things go because I'd much rather be moving forward.

I have also learned to try not to take into myself, the negativities of others around me. I'm not talking about feeling a friend's sorrow when they're sad or a loved one's anger when they're mad. I am talking about the feng shui destroying self hate that some people have and feeling that they have to ruin everyone else's day. The negative Nellies that are bound and determined to see everyone else around them as miserable as they are. The sad saps who revel in the misery of others. There really is no use stooping to that level and belly crawling through the muck to meet them eye to eye. It's really rather pointless. I've found that it's best to leave them in their own filth because nothing I say or do can help them up, especially when they want to be and choose to stay there. There really is no one to save them from themselves except for themselves.

Does that mean I'm a happy camper full of sunshine and rainbows and total positivity all the fucking time? Hell no! Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I can have my bad days lumped in with the good. I'm just like everyone else in that respect. But unlike everyone in that category, I have learned to take steps in recognizing things in myself that lead to the negativity and either fixing it or letting go of it. It's not always easy and I don't always succeed, but I am getting better at it and it is starting to work. I never expected to have changes in my life happen overnight. I knew that the road was going to be long and tough, but I'm doing it. And I'm doing it with my head held high and a smile on my face. Well, most of the time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment