Custom Search

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11/2012

Here we are again... Eleven years after this tragic event when thousands of lives were blinked out in moments, scarring American history forever. A terrible moment when everything stopped, and all eyes were on the Twin Towers. I don't know of anyone, who was alive and old enough to remember, who doesn't remember what they were doing, where they were and what went through their mind. A moment that is frozen forever in my mind and probably will be for the rest of my life.

It's weird looking back on that day and remembering the impact it had on me and how much it affected me and the devastation that I felt. It sucked more because I saw a lot of the "I'm more affected by this than you" drama, living right in the tristate area. The one-up man-ship was disgusting. To these people, it wasn't about a tragedy that affected our nation. It wasn't a tragedy that affected the families and REAL friends of those who lost a loved one or loved ones that day. It was about them and how sad they and they alone were and let's focus on them. In the weeks that followed, everyone jumped on the American Pride bandwagon and they had some item they were selling in order to profit from this tragedy. It made me sick. I am not talking about the real American pride. The "Don't mess with America! Now you're gonna get it" pride. That sense of true pride that banded our nation together. And how quickly that faded over time.... Sad.

On that day, eleven years ago, it's also very strange to me that remember what I was thinking, I remember so vividly everything about that day. This is quite a rarity for me because I forget what I have for breakfast most mornings, but this day is as crystal clear to me today as it was when everything was happening.

I will be taking a quiet day, staying away from news reports and the happenings of that day and go into my closet of solitude. I have a hard time enough dealing with what happened on that day and it really does a number on me having to relive that whole day multiple times a day because of the continuous loops of news footage from that day. I hate that this day has become a fanfare event instead of a solemn one and I'm actually crying as I type this up, being flooded with all of the emotions that I felt that day.  I will spend the day sorting through everything rattling around in my mind and it's probably going to be the only thing that I am going to get through and get done today.

Regardless of what your feelings were on that day,and what they are now,  I only ask that you take a moment, a brief moment to say a little something that lets the people who died that day know that we are thinking of them. I know that this will be a day that I will be doing exactly that. Praise be to our brave and courageous first responders who ran in when others came screaming out. Praise to those who tried to thwart the original plans of those piece of shit terrorists. Prayers for the innocents who's lives were blinked out in a matter of moments. Just take a moment, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment