Custom Search

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Finder's keepers

There a pretty loose "finder's keepers" rule here at this house. I post things up on Ebay that I find lying around or on one of the many excursions down into the scary, creepy, booby trapped storage areas and if I am able to bring them to safety, it's mine. The kids also have this kind of "finder's keepers" rule, although it's a bit more serious.

With four kids and four kids worth of stuff lying around, someone is always going to "find" something. It got to the point where I did away with the finder's keepers rule because there were so many arguments about what was who's and shit like that. I also instituted a NEW rule regarding that kind of shit. If one of the kids finds something that isn't theirs, either leave it or give it back to whoever it belongs to. If I find it, it's getting confiscated or thrown out.

It's funny because I don't think I've ever seen the house so clean and free of stuff lying around.... :) YAY! It worked! A small victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment